Life and CareerEdit
She joined the company after passing the JYP Entertainment's 6th Open Audition on March 1, 2010. Like Nayeon, Jihyo and Sana, she was originally set to debut in a group called 6mix. In 2014, she appeared with Nayeon in the music video of Got7's "Girls Girls Girls" and, in 2015, appeared in miss A's "Only You" music video. She and her sister were the hosts of Inkigayo from July 3, 2016 to January 22, 2017.
- Sixteen (Mnet) - 2015
Music video appearancesEdit
- GOT7 - "Girls Girls Girls" (2014)
- Jun. K - "No Love" (2014)
- miss A - "Only You" (2015)
- Park Jin Young - "Fire" (feat. Conan O'Brien, Steven Yeun, & Jimin Park) (2016)
- Participated in JYP Nation concert theme song - ENCORE. (2016)
- She auditioned for JYP when she was young, but failed to become a trainee. She tried again at JYP Entertainment’s 6th Open Audition on March 1, 2010 and this time succeeded.
- She was originally set to debut in the girl group 6mix.
- She officially changed her name to "Yoo Jung-yeon" in the third grade because she was teased for her birth name "Yoo Kyung-wan" being too boy-ish.
- She is the younger sister of Gong Seungyeon (actress, who appeared in We Got Married).
- She loves to play with lego, she has a lego collection at the dorm.
- Her zodiac sign is Scorpio.
- She is in charge of cleaning the dorm since she likes cleaning.
- Her ideal type is someone who makes her feel comfortable; someone funny who can amuse her.
- Chaeyoung and her are called the No Jam Brothers, because they always make the coldest jokes.
- She officially became a Twice member on October 20, 2015.
- Her favourite instrument is the saxophone.
- Her favourite food is: Tteokbokki, Korean food, meat, and golbangee muchim.
- Her favourite colours are black and purple.
- She loves watching videos of people eating food while chatting to the camera or with another person.
- She likes playing with lego and video games.
- She likes jump roping and running.
- It took Jeongyeon 3 years to pass the JYP basic routine dance exam.
- She worked in a bakery shop after the disbandment of 6mix
- She loves her bakery job so much that she thought of opening her own bakery shop.
- She write the lyrics of Love Line. Jihyo said that it is about a boy in her elementary school.
| To view the Jeongyeon gallery, click here.